Happiness is when your landscaper husband brings you flowers home! :) And a yummy chicken pot pie for dinner! Who says a quick week night dinner can't be pretty? All I did to dress up my pot pie, was to cut a heart out of the middle and from the excess (I trim the top crust when I use the refrigerated crusts because it is always way to big and then looks all wonky - that's a word, right?) I cut long hearts and placed them on top. It maybe took an extra minute but makes my yummy dinner look oh so much better!
Chicken Pot Pie: (I got this recipe from my sister-in-law, I have no idea where the original came from)
-2 pie crusts (I used the refrigerated ones tonight, but have also done frozen and home made)
-Cooked Chicken -cubed or shredded (I use about 4 chicken breasts. to save myself time, I cook it in the slow cooker, on low for about 4 hours)
-2 Cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup (the home made substitutes work great in it too)
-1/2 can of milk
-Lots of Cheese (I add about 2 big handfuls of shredded colby jack)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix all ingredients together (except for the pie crust).
2. Lay out bottom crust in pie pan and fill with the ingredient mixture. Cover with the top pie crust and pinch the edges together.
3. Beat 1 egg in a bowl with 1 tbsp. of water and brush the top crust and edges.
4. Slice a couple slits in the crust.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm Megan. A wife, a mother of 2 and a home/interior design consultant. I love creating beautiful spaces and beautiful things. Just trying to figure this whole thing out! ;)